MercuryPDX is currently seeking both entry level and experienced drivers for full-time or part-time employment as couriers. Starting wages are $10.25 hourly, higher if you can demonstrate an ability to be immediately productive as a delivery driver. If you meet the following minimum requirements, we can offer you a choice of steady full-time or part-time employment with opportunity for advancement. Advancement opportunities include promotion to Truck Driver (Non-CDL diesel straight truck under 26,000 lbs GVWR), Warehousing or Shipping and Receiving clerk, Order Entry and Customer Service representative, or Dispatcher.
In order to be considered for a driving position at MercuryPDX, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age in order to operate a commercial vehicle in Interstate Commerce.
- Pass a mandatory US DOT (Department of Transportation) pre-employment drug screen, and pass a basic medical examination in order to obtain a DOT medical card.
- Submit to a pre-employment background check.
- Have a valid drivers license, with no more than two moving violations in the last 2 years.
- Be able to lift boxes and other items at pickup and delivery points regularly weighing 65 pounds, occasionally up to 100 pounds without difficulty.
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance and wear a uniform.
To apply for this position, please download and complete the MercuryPDX Employment Application (PDF format, 16KB). then fax it to (971)245-6969 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail it to: MercuryPDX LLC, attn: Human Resources, PO Box 2274 Portland OR 97208-2274. Please do not call or visit our office - we will confirm receipt of your application by email (letter if you do not have email), and will include further information at that time. If you have a specific question or concern, please send an email to email@example.com. Thank you.